Friday, June 19, 2009

Tim Miller's Workshop


Over this past weekend I had the opportunity to learn under Tim Miller, the first American to get certified in Ashtanga Yoga. Tim has over 30 years of practice and it was very evident in his teaching. I shared a very sweaty Mysore and Led Primary experience with about 40 other people while Tim strolled the room with confidence and grace giving adjustments. His adjustments transformed my practice. Tim's presence alone seemed so calm yet confident; masculine yet nurturing; strong yet graceful. He had this way about him that you just had no other choice than to want to just sit and absorb every word that came out of his mouth and every action that moved from his body. The energy among the practitioners who attended his workshop was very uplifting. I cannot express enough what it feels like to have about 40 people in one room practicing yoga, creating this energy through movement, breath, and focus. The more I put myself in learning situations like Tim's workshop the more life and my purpose becomes clear. Knowledge is a very powerful thing to have and the hunger for it is what keeps you alive.
Knowledge is power; The question is what are you going to do with the power?



Namaste,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment