Tuesday, February 9, 2010

9 more days until San Jose!

So I am heading out to San Jose next Thursday and time has flown by. Considering I found out that I have to snatch 100 reps just a few weeks ago instead of 58 reps I am feeling pretty damn good. My hands have really toughened up and I am snatching high reps without tape this week (no tape allowed during the snatch test but chalk is ok). My diet has been maintained, however I've noticed an increase of appetiate due to the intensity increase behind my workouts. I have changed some of my supplements since I first blogged about my diet.
Supplements that I take:
Morning routine: With breakfast (hard boiled egg and 1/4 unsweetened oatmeal OR 1/2 grapefruit) I take vit c...non synthetic ( I will write about the details of my supplements later when I am not focusing so much on blogging about prepping for San Jose). 1/2 teaspoon of taurine (focus booster) and alcar(energizer but better than caffine). I am out of maca and estera for now.
Pre workout: 15 minutes before w/o I take 1 capsule of Creatine Ethyl Ester-energy for muscles and sometimes about 1/2 tablespoon of black powder for an extra boost. (Again, more details later).
Post workout: 1 scoop of Sun Warrior Vegan protein powder (mixed with water) and small piece of fruit to help break down protein. I sometimes take another Creatine Ethyl Ester capsule.
Bedtime: If I am still hungry I will have an additional protein shake with a scoop of almond butter and/or a scoop of coconut milk.

Week 5 workouts:
Mon 2/1/10-KB w/o- 3x max push-ups and 3x 5 assisted pull-ups
3x8 step back lunges: 3x15 heavy swings with 44lb
3x10 ab roller: 3x10 weighted sit-ups with 18lb kb
finisher: snatches- 3x12 per side

Tues 2/2/10- Snatch protocol 3x12 on left and 4x12 on right
Yoga at Twisted Root Yoga studio (1.30) Great class!

Wed 2/3/10- Ashtanga Yoga and Snatch protocol 4x12

Thurs 2/4/10- Warrior Circuit (45 min kb class) and snatch protocol 4x12

Fri 2/5/10- Snatch protocol 4x12

Sat 2/6/10 and Sun 2/7/10- OFF...beat from all the snatches

No comments:

Post a Comment