Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rocked the socks off the snatch test!



I rocked the socks off the snatch test with just under a minute to spare! Thanks to my training protocol and with the help of Danny I was well prepared for this very intensive and physically demanding 5 minute test.

So whats next? Well, I really believe in the motto...stop working out and start training! Having a challenging goal such as the 5 minute snatch test really helped me to step up my training and get serious. I am now reading the book, Convict Conditioning by Paul "Coach" Wade. This book is all about training for strength using old school calisthenics. There are 6 movement-types: pushup, squat, pullup, leg raise, bridge, and handstand pushup. Within these 6 movements there are 10 steps (the first step being the easiest and great for people just getting back after an injury or post surgery) and the 10th step is THE MASTER STEP. For example for a pushup you begin with wall pushups for step 1 and the 10th step is 50 reps of 1 arm push-ups per side. So the key is to be patient and make sure you master each step no matter how strong you are or think you are before you move on to the next step! Danny and I have decided that we were going to implement his program into our current program to see if we have some success. We are both training for the beast challenge (more on that later) so I think this would be a great way to prepare for the challenge.
I will continue to post my workouts weekly as I did before the snatch test but be prepared...it will be different...new goals to achieve!


Till next time...


Abby

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you like the Convict Conditioning book! I'm kind of disappointed in the fat loss book that I bought. It's very elementary, so far...

    ReplyDelete