Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bikini

I have changed my workouts a bit this past week to focus on building my shoulders and legs while slowly burning fat. I am now doing 2 shoulder workouts per week and 2 leg workouts per week keeping the rep ranges 6-12. I hit all different angles of the muscles by switching up the way I do my exercises. For example, I did alternating 1 arm dumbbell military presses contracting my anterior shoulder muscles at the top to feel "the pump". I have to learn how to connect to my muscles so I am doing more "body building" type workouts rather than fast twitch, explosive. It has been hard for me but I am feeling and seeing a difference. I have decreased the amount of cardio I do so that I can slowly burn fat and concentrate on muscle growth. This will change as I get closer but I will not have to cut down too much which is good.
I have also included posing practices after every workout. Bikini posing is pretty fun but will take some time to get down. As far as what judges are looking for I checked out the NPC website and a few others and this is what I have gathered:
Overall physique and shape
Tone
Complexion
Presentation
The look has to be in shape but not too lean or hard. It is a soft but tight look.
I will wear a two piece bathing suit that is cut differently from Figure. They are more like traditional bikinis. You can even buy one off the rack. I ordered a pro suit from CJ's. Apparently the suit really makes a difference in how you place. You also wear heels and jewelery. Bikini weighs in more on hair and makeup as well...they are looking for how "marketable" you are. You only have two poses- front and back and they are more relaxed than figure poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment