Saturday, February 5, 2011

I met Coach T

Last night I drove to Spokane to meet my Save Fitness coach, Tanji Johnson. She is an incredible woman and very inspirational. She's very personable and down to earth who gives honest advice and instruction. I couldn't ask for a better coach.
I met with her first privately to assess my body and then I joined the other 5 SF girls for an 1.30hr of posing and walking.
After meeting with Tanji and getting her honest and professional advice I am going to compete in Bikini instead. This decision was made because I have small shoulder caps and a very narrow waist (which isn't a bad thing). Because I cannot fight my Italian and French genetics putting on big muscles my not be in my DNA. So there is this new division called "Bikini". At first I wasn't very thrilled but now I am. It is more of a "modeling" division which is the direction I really want to go in. The suits are really cute too. I train my butt off in the gym and I am naturally very strong and get stronger when I train. My body frame just isn't broad enough to support the muscle mass that is needed for figure. I do not need to be as lean for Bikini either, actually its normally between 10-15% and I am already around 15% and 8 weeks out. Actually Tanji said that she does not want to see me less than 12-13% when I see her next month.
As of right now it does not hurt to continue to train heavy (yes!) and focus on building a little bit more in my shoulders and quads. She wants me to keep my current nutrition plan and not focus on cutting.
Tanji put things into perspective for me last night. If I want to compete in figure this season, cool. But why am I competing? For experience? To get my feet wet? If so, then cool go for it and I will get better. However I am competitive and I want to win. I want to have an edge and a chance. She said that if I am competitive then I will do amazing in Bikini! As the night went on she became more and more convinced that Bikini was calling my name. I have to embrace what I do have and roll with it. I have naturally a lean, streamlined physique with some muscle. Sweet! So live it up and flaunt my strengths and strengthen my weaker points along the way. She does think that I should compete in all 3 in April and if I want to I can use Bikini as as stepping stone towards figure for the fall. Let's start with one step at a time and see what happens. I emailed her today to help me with my new game plan for Bikini. I will fill you in soon.
I will also post more information on the Bikini Division and what the judges are looking for.
Peace & Love,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment