Thursday, December 2, 2010

Figure Competition

After our second or third workout together over 4 years ago I looked at Danny and said, "I really want to do a figure competition." Fast forward to the present and not to mention 20 lbs of fat burned off, I have decided that its about time to make that aspiration a reality. In April 2011 I (Abby) will be competing in a figure competition. Am I really looking forward to walking on stage with a fake tan and a dressy, $100 bikini in front of a bunch of strangers and judges in the front row judging my body from head to toe, front and back? No, not really. The real inspiration is to see what I can do through sacrifice and discipline. I am looking forward to the hard training, strict nutrition and plenty of sleep. I will miss my sweets that's for sure. Do I have the will power and control to not allow FOOD to control me? Time will tell. Eat to Live Not Live to Eat. That will be my mantra the next 4-5 months...even through Christmas. A new lesson for me will be not only appreciating healthy foods but the understanding of eating to better fuel my lifestyle and body. Unlike most figure competitors who use traditional weight training and cardio workouts to prepare, I will be training with only kettlebells. This will be interesting. I have the utmost confidence that kettlebells will forge the exact physique I want to build.
For the next 4-5 months I will be blogging my nutrition plan, workouts, and measurements including and most importantly my BODY FAT %. I will also include pictures. I know in the past I have attempted to update you about my current workouts and nutrition plan and have fallen short. Now that I have a complete plan and am diving in 100%. Be prepared to read some blogs about the truth of training for a figure competition. There will be no secrets on my blog.
To start I have listed my initial measurements from last Saturday, first week of training and nutrition plan. Every week I will be getting my measurements taken so I will post them weekly.

Initial Measurement Date: 11/27/2010
Weight: 129.4 Age:25 Body Fat%: 21.16% Chest: 32 1/8 Waist: 27 3/8 Arm: 11 Forearm: 9 5/8 and Hips: 37 1/8
Projected figure competition body: 118 lbs and 12% Body Fat = -13.22 lbs of fat + 1.82lbs of muscle.

Week 1 Workouts:
Mon: Warrior Circuit and Yoga
Tues: VO2 Max Snatch protocol. 34 sets of 15 snatches with 15 sec work: 15 sec rest ratio. 26lb kettlebell
Wed: Kettlebell Workout- Double Push Jerks 3x5 w/ 26lbs and 2x3 w/ 35lbs
Suitcase lunges 4x10 per side with double 26's
Hanging Knee tucks 2x max
10 Minutes of all out cardio: viking push presses, jump rope, and swings
Thurs: VO2 Max Snatch protocol. 35 sets of 15 snatches w/ 15 sec work:15 sec rest ratio 26lb kettlebell
Fri: Kettlebell Workout- Double Swings 3x5 w/ 26lbs and 2x3 w/ 35lbs, Assisted Pull-ups 3x5
Side Bends 3x12 per side w/ 26lb,
10 minutes of cardio: Tgu's, windmills, and 1 arm swings
Sat/Sun: Yoga or light cardio

Nutrition Plan under the guidance of Danny: 1630 daily calories. 6 meals per day every 3 hours.
One cheat meal per week.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, I'm totally reading this :) (while eating cupcakes. Guess who WON'T be doing a figure competition any time soon? THIS GUY)

    ReplyDelete