Friday, January 14, 2011

Inspirational Training Music

Music is powerful and motivational beyond words. When you wake up at 5am to chug down your am protein smoothie and carbs and prepare for your 1.30-2hr training session you need motivation. For those of you who know me personally may take me as a "southern gal" and peaceful yogi. Cruising down the road I do listen to Dave Matthews and country. However when it comes to training there is another side of me...Jay Z, Alice in Chains, Metallica, techno, etc. I train listening to music that inspires me to not quit, to pump out that last rep feeling strong and capable of anything. I listen to music that inspires me to not back down and to focus on only one thing...Looking my very best on stage in 13 weeks!
Lyrically my favorite song is "Second Chance" by Shinedown. These words remind me of all of the changes I have made in my life by saying goodbye to people and habits that did not help me grow. At the time saying goodbye was hard and I thought, "What the hell am I going to do now without them? They (It's) all I know." Saying goodbye to poor eating habits, a bad relationship, and comfort was the best thing I have ever done. As far as my parents go, I love them dearly. However letting them know, "Hey this is MY life and I have a second chance to do what I really want to do" was very liberating for me. They have always been supportive of my decisions and I know they love me unconditionally. I had to say goodbye to their standards and expectations and go with my own standards and expectations of myself.
This song really resonates with me deep down and reminds me of my second chance to do what I am passionate about and to feel alive. I encourage you to find a song that lyrically resonates with you and inspires you to keep moving forward, don't stay in one place. Live life to the fullest! Work towards excellence and happiness will follow.( Something Danny's Dad always told him when he was younger.) A few other songs that I am currently digging:
Sandstorm-Darude
99 Problems- Jay Z
Man In The Box-Alice in Chains
Kids-MGMT
Poker Face- Lady Gaga
Riot- Three Days Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment