Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Truth About Commitment

Commitment...not a commitment to another person, work or your favorite TV show. I am talking about a commitment to your health and fitness. I have been a personal trainer for 6 years now and apart of the gym world for over 10. You see the ones who get super stoked about their new years resolution and hit the gym hard and then burn out because they aren't getting the " American fast food" like results and quit. They then flee to yo-yo dieting, bad supplements that say will give them the results they want in only 12 days, or even worse going under the knife. Change takes time...if it were quick and easy we'd all have 6 pack abs.
If you want to change the way you look, feel, or increase your sport/athletic performance and you have yet to see the results you really want but continue to do the exact same thing (like just take aerobics classes or walk on the treadmill for 1 hour) then guess what results you are going to get? The same results you have been getting! If you want to change you must commit to your training. You must commit to nutrition. You must commit to yourself! There is no way around it.
Take my word for it. I have seen dramatic results in my body since I have finally committed to eating right and training smart. Yes ladies, you must lift weights if you want to see some definition. No ladies, you will not look like a dude. For example, I am currently training for a bikini contest. One would think all I do is starve myself all day and do tons of cardio. There's no way I would lift weights because I would just bulk and not look like a bikini model at all. Wrong! 4-5 days per week I strength train...hard and heavy. I include kettlebells, barbells, dumbbells, power ropes, and pull-ups. I do 1 maybe 2 cardio sessions at the most per week and one day off for recovery. And starving myself? No way. I eat 6 meals a day every 3 hours. I eat almost 1800 calories per day. I understand every body is different and will vary (that's why you should work with a qualified trainer and nutritionist). If you continue to float around shooting in the dark your results will never be met. Having control of my nutrition and training has given me freedom from the stress and unhappiness I felt when I couldn't get my body to where I wanted it.
I have committed. I know many of our members have also committed to their health and it is inspirational. I applaud all of you for making this commitment. You are true warriors.
There are no excuses when it comes to your health. Only laziness and ignorance. If what your doing now is not getting what you really want but refuse to try something different and listen to someone who knows what they are talking about and can truly help you...that's your own stubbornness and your own problem. There are 24 hours in the day...find time. Your family, your co-workers, and your body will be very grateful that you did.
Love,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment