Friday, January 8, 2010

Resolutions, Snatch Test, and Assistant RKC in San Jose


For my new year resolution I decided that cutting back sugar, enriched flour, and empty carbs was a must. If I want to attain a truly athletic and functional body I have to step it up. So I am now confronting my darkest and ugliest enemy....YUMMY, satisfying, comfort food! Oh, how much I love food! I also just learned that I will be going to San Jose, CA Feb. 18-21 to be an RKC assistant instructor at the RKC (Russian Kettlebell Challenge) Workshop. This is a lot of responsibility as I now will be putting my expertise and knowledge to the test in order to help certify and train kettlebell enthusiasts who wish to be an RKC certified instructor. Not only will I be assisting my team leader (senior rkc instructors like Jeff O'Connor, my former team leader) but I must demonstrate that I have been keeping up with my kettlebell training. So the first day I arrive I must complete an "x" amount of reps of snatches with a 16kg (35lb) Kettlebell! YIKES!!! For example, if I go in at 58Kg (about 128 lb) then I have to snatch 58 reps with perfect form and with the use of only chalk and with a 5 minute limit.
So I have decided to not only blog my diet trials and tribulations but to also blog my kettlebell workouts as I prepare for my snatch test.
This is an awesome opportunity and I am very proud that I have been asked to assist my teachers in training others the RKC way...wish me luck, as I do not want to let them down.
Stay tuned for posted KB workouts balanced with my yoga and diet.
Peace!
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment