Friday, January 15, 2010

Snatching The Pounds Away!



Okay, so I have survived the first week of preparing for my snatch test and am almost through my second week. So this is what I did last week as far as exercising and adding in a snatch protocol to work up to the 58 reps with the 35lb kettlebell next month in San Jose.
Make sure you also check out my diet under the workouts listed.

WK 1 Workouts:
Monday 1/4/10- KB strength workout
Long-term goal work up to 3x12 on both exercises
A-1: Double Suitcase Kickstand lunge 3x8 l,r (18lb kbs)
A-2: Double KB Swing 3x10 (18lb kbs)
(One minute rest between super sets)
long-term goal work up to 3x12 on both exercises
B-1: Double KB Clean and Press 3x12 (18lb) working up in weight next week
B-2: Double Ballistic KB Bent-over Row 3x8 (26lb kbs)
(One minute rest between super sets)
C-1: Power Wheel Roll Out 3x10
C-2: Slow & Controlled Sit-up 3x10 (4 sec up & down)
(One min. rest between super sets)

That night I took BJJ from 6-7:30pm
Tues 1/5/10- Ashtanga Primary Series in the morning (1.30 hrs)

Wed 1/6/10 - Ashtanga Primary Series (1.30 hrs)

Thurs 1/7/10- Warrior Circuit (45 min. am class)
Fri 1/8/10- Snatch Protocol begins!
2x10 l,r (26 lbs)
1x4 l,r (35 lbs)
2x5 l,r (35 lbs)
BJJ Class that evening (1.30 hrs)
Sat 1/9/10- Snatch Protocol
2x12 l,r (26 lbs)
1x5 l,r (35 lbs) STOPPAGE due to hands
Sun 1/10/10- Ashtanga Primary Series (1.30 hrs)
As far as my diet goes...not so bad. Check out what I am doing:
Diet is based around 3 meals a day with a ratio of protein:complex carbs:healthy fats.
For snacks throughout the day I will eat baby carrots, snap peas, nuts, or sip on a protein shake.

Breakfast: hard boiled egg and 1/4 cup of plain oatmeal OR 1/2 grapefruit
I will also have 1/2 scoop of protein in sub. of egg and flax cereal in sub of oatmeal and banana in sub of grapefruit
Morning supplements: vitamin C, 1 tsp of maca root, 1 tsp or taurine and Estera (capsule form to help balance hormones).
Workout: Post workout protein drink and clementine or 1/2 banana to help break protein down.
Lunch: Green garden salad (healthy Carbs), egg, tuna, or sliced chicken (protein) and either slice of cheese, yogurt, scoop of almond butter, or fruit for a snack ( these snacks have healthy fats and are eaten in moderation ONLY if I am still really hungry).
Evening workout: Post workout protein drink and fruit
Dinner: Green garden salad or cooked greens, lean protein, and yogurt, protein shake with
coconut milk, sweet potato or cheese for snack. I will also have 1 small piece of organic dark chocolate if I am craving sweets.
So far the combination of eating cleaner and cutting out sweets & starchy carbs, drinking plenty of water, and stepping up the intensity in my workouts has really been working. I can already feel a difference in my stomach and upper body. My energy feels better and I am not as hungry throughout the day.
Stay tuned for my week 2 workouts which will have a lot more snatch protocol workouts!!!
Peace and love,
Abby



No comments:

Post a Comment